Monday 17 October 2016

Hawks, Geese but no Chooks yet?

Recently I booked flights with Qatar airline and was amazed to discover that up to six hawks could be taken accommodated as cabin luggage. This morning I was sent this link...

for New Zealand air with a flying goose!

How long before the chooks get their own carrier? Should I be planning to take them to the UK with me? Possibly not.

Because I'm leaving them their welfare creates another worry, albeit a smaller one than most. I need to find a minder who will check on them while I'm away.

I've resigned myself to the fruit and nut trees suffering, and possibly some dying but I must get someone reliable for the chickens. 

Last weeks woes are being whittled away. On Saturday morning Steve arrived unexpectedly to shift the tree from my drive. He just pushed it across into the south paddock, ready to burn. Sorted.



The car behaved yesterday, no oil light problem, and within a few hours the Telstra team will have my land line repaired and I will be be fully connected. We have to accept that broadband is impossible here but having no telephone either is just too hard for this lone widow.  I'm missing my chats with Julie, Dave and Diana.

Allen has sent me the name of a solicitor who comes with a recommendation and another attempt to return the exploding Galaxy has been planned for Thursday. The last few days have been very positive, I even had an email from Barclays Mr George Francis(Redhill), but I'm still feeling glum!






No comments:

Post a Comment